Monday, January 25, 2010

Mixed Berry Cobbler

This is the simplest dessert that I've ever made...and, there are so many more great things about it! It makes my house smell wonderful. The ingredients don't spoil, so you can keep the items in the kitchen for the time you can't figure out what to cook, or for the company that just "drops by".

What you need:
  1. 16 oz package frozen mixed berries (usually includes blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
  2. 1/2 cup of water
  3. 1 box of butter cake mix
  4. 1 1/2 sticks of butter or margarine
  5. chopped pecans (optional)
  6. ice cream (optional)

What you do:

  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Empty the berries into a 9x13 dish.
  3. Add the water to the dish.
  4. Add the cake mix on top of the berries, making sure to get it somewhat even throughout the dish. I use the back of a spoon to even it out.
  5. Thinly slice the sticks of butter and place them on top of the cake mix.
  6. Place in oven for 60 minutes or until cake mix is brown and fruit is bubbly. If you choose to use the pecans, sprinkle them on the top for the last 10 minutes of cook time.
  7. Serve hot with ice cream on top. If I use pecans on the cobbler, I serve it with Vanilla Bean ice cream. If I omit the pecans, I serve it with Buttered Pecan ice cream (this is my favorite).

This is great, even leftover!

Nam! Nam!

No comments:

Post a Comment